- This event has passed.
Is Medicine Right For Me?
26 January @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
“How can I be sure that medicine is the right career for me?”
If you have this lingering thought, come and hear from Prof. Pang Weng Sun who will share his life journey and experience in pursuing a career in the field of medicine.
Who Is This Talk For?
This talk is for all students who are considering to choose medicine as a course of study in 2018.
1. Singapore Medical Schools Compared
• Main differences and eligibility criteria.
• Current medical education structure and how it affects me.
• Factors to consider in school selection process
2. Medical Schools Education Choices
• Study locally or overseas: Pros and Cons
• Future Implications for the Doctor.
3. How can I be sure that medicine is the right career for me?
• Reasons to be a doctor
• Reasons NOT to be a doctor
How Do I sign Up?
Due to limited seating capacity, please register and confirm your attendance at https://goo.gl/forms/I2lAhN0eYcAF00d63
Cru Centre 18 Verdun Road #03-01 S(207280)
Prof. Pang Weng Sun graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, in 1983. He attained the M.Med (Internal Medicine, Singapore) and MRCP (UK) in 1988 and pursued training in geriatric medicine in Edinburgh and Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. He became a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine (Singapore) in 1994 and Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh) in 1999.
Prof. Pang is currently Deputy Group CEO (Population Health), National Health Group and Vice-Dean, Clinical Affairs, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University. He is also a Senior Consultant in Geriatric Medicine at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.
For more information on the talk, you can contact Mr Lam Ching Yet at firstname.lastname@example.org.