1. How are staff members of Cru Singapore supported?
Cru Singapore is a faith-based missions organization. All staff members are fully responsible for raising their own finances to cover their salaries, benefits and ministry expenses. In addition, our staff also raise a team of prayer partners to come alongside them in ministry.
2. Who do you raise financial support from?
Our staff raise their financial support from fellow Christians and from the local church.
3. How does Cru Singapore determine the salary scale?
Our remuneration package is reviewed periodically to take the prevailing cost of living in Singapore into account. With effect from 2016, we have adopted some benchmarks set by National Council of Social Services as our guide.
4. Does all my giving go to the staff member I am supporting?
All contributions will go into the staff member’s support account. However, there is a 7% deduction from all donations to help cover administrative expenses.
5. What do you do when there is a surplus in a staff member’s support account?
For months with insufficient donations, surpluses help to provide for basic salaries. They also enable staff to reimburse for their ministry expenses.
6. What happens if the staff member does not raise enough support?
If a staff member’s account balance falls into negative, he/ she will receive a partial salary for that month to prevent the deficit from snowballing.
If the deficit persists over a period of two months, he/ she will be taken out of ministry to allow him/ her to focus on raising support.
7. Do you receive year-end bonus?
Staff members with sufficient balances in their support account will receive an Annual Wage Supplement (AWS) in December or January.
8. Do staff members have to raise support for ministry trips?
Yes, as the monthly support raised does not cover the cost of such ministry trips (including mission trips). Raising support for these trips also helps to generate prayer support.
9. What is the time frame of my commitment to support a staff member?
This would be a decision between you and God. There is no stipulated time frame; our desire is that you will partner the staff for as long as God leads you to.
10. How do I support a Cru Singapore staff?
Through monthly or one-time gifts, you can support as many staff and/or ministries as you wish. The available modes of giving are:
- Internet banking
- Credit card
- Bank draft, for donors residing overseas only
For further instructions, see how to give
11. Is my donation tax deductible?
Unfortunately, your donations will not be tax-deductible as Cru Singapore does not have IPC status.
12. How can I increase my GIRO giving to support a staff?
Thank you for your financial contribution to us. If your desired increase is within the limit you had previously set, you can simply write to us at email@example.com stating your name, Donor ID (if possible), the name/s of staff and the month for which the increase should take effect.
If your desired increase exceeds the limit you had previously set, you can increase your GIRO giving by filling up the GIRO forms (as above). Do take note that it takes 4-6 weeks for the bank to process your application.
13. How can I reduce my support through GIRO?
Thank you for your financial contribution to us. You can reduce your GIRO giving by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, Donor ID (if possible), the name of staff and the month for which the decrease should take effect. Do take note that it takes 4-6 weeks for the bank to process your application.
14. How can I terminate my support through my GIRO?
Thank you for your financial contribution to us. You can write to us at email@example.com stating your name, Donor ID (if possible) and the month for which the GIRO termination should take place. Do take note that it takes about 2-4 weeks for the bank to terminate your GIRO arrangement.
15. How do I make changes to my financial giving?
If it is via GIRO please refer to point 12-14. If you are giving by other modes, you can simply indicate so on the investment slip or on the back of the cheque.
16. Can I request for another receipt when I lost the one you sent?
Yes, you can, but it will be a copy version. Contact our accounts department at firstname.lastname@example.org
17. What happens when I miss my monthly contribution?
You can send it together with your next contribution.
18. How do you maintain accountability toward ministry partners?
Cru Singapore views our ministry partners as a vital part of our team seeking to help fulfil the Great Commission. All givers automatically go on our direct mail ministries in which they receive our regular publication and news. You may at any time, choose to opt out.
19. Who can I contact if I have further questions?
You may contact the Finance department at +65 65899600 or email email@example.com